Monday, September 24, 2012

WINNER NO. 1 OF RESUME NEWSPAPER and become FAMOUS?


Hello buddy!


It’s me Egritha. Don’t worry because I am writing this in my free time.


In the end of this last orientation, one of the senior (MC) announced on the stage about the winner of Resume Newspaper. She said that there were just 2 winners. So, I thought it would be hard for me. Because, like I told you before, there were 2 dominant students who used to talked in front of the people. 

Then, she announced, “I start from the 2nd winner... And the winner is... Ardo!!! We invite you to come to the stage, please...”

And the people were giving applause. Ah, see? “Ardo”  is the 2nd winner, then the 1st must be “XXX” said the people.

I told you above. Inside my heart, I critized this was not fair. I resumed the newspaper from 1 am until 4 am, I did it very hard. 

But, I did not blame myself, I did not blame anyone. Because I thought they (the juries) were smart end wise enough, the winners must be the real winners. 


And then, she again continued her speaking, “And... the 1st winner... WHO IS THE OWNER OF THIS CHAMPIONSHIP??? Girl or boy? Boy or girl?” she shouted like a mad one (sorry! Hehe)
Most of students and seniors replied, “BOY!!!” (like mad ones too! Lol)

She spoke, “And the 1st champion of Resume Newspaper is EGRITHA TAMPUBOLON! We welcome you to come in front of the stage, dear.”


I my self was surprised for this. I continously looked on my badge name, my name is Egritha, isn’t it? I was really haapy for this, even I smiled looked like a stupid person. Lol. I walked to the stage and stood there with the 2nd winner, Ardo.
The MC spoke, “Then, we invite the governor of Social and political Sciences Faculty to assign the rewards. Please give applause!!”
And the assigment of rewards (The rewards are Jacket of “KOMPAS” and sertificate of Orientation. Why didn’t they give us money? -_-) went so well, Ardo and I got any applause. 


Wow, that was my first time speaking in front of students of Social and Political Sciences. That was my first time speaking in college. That was my first time speaking for my 1st achievement of being a colleger. That was my first chance that God gave to engrave my feat. Thanks, Jesus!


I spoke in front of the people about “sense of crisis” related to comfort zone. Because in 2 days, I denied to do the task but when the crisis time came, in 4 hours, I did very well. And Ardo spoke about his hard working. He’s very fluent in speaking to public. Many friends were happy for us.
The next day, I went to campus for giving subjects paper called KRS. At the door, I met a girl then she said, “you’re the champion? Aren’t you?” I replied, “Sorry, what champion?” She replied “Resume. Resume. You are the person, aren’t you?” I said, “I don’t really understand!” She yelled, “Just say yes!!!”


Then, my friends asked me to come with them and get some snack. Then one of friends picked me up from campus by her motorbike. I didn’t know her and she didn’t know me. I just knew her name and so did she. We passed by and we met with her friends there, she stopped her motor and accosted them, “hey! Where are you going?” They talked for awhile then one of her friends shouted suddenly, “This is the 1st winner, isn’t she?” And her other friends said, “Yes, yes. That’s her!” “Ah, wrong person, girls.” I said. But, they kept talking about me and I was speecless, then I spoke, “Yes, that’s me, haha. Thanks!”

And for somedays, the same things always happened, like people recognized me while I didn’t know them, they called me, “Champion!”
“Hey, champion!” or “You are the winner, eh?” or “The number one” and so on and so on.


I tried to deny them but they already made me speechless.
You know what?
It’s like I am popular here. Haha.
But, I want to show them off my ability by good works. And it’s what God wants from me.





My Simple Rewards of Resume Newspaper 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kewl, I think your college's life has begun pretty good, congrats for the achievement!! :D

and also I am surprised that you're a debater! cuz me either , actually I was :)

egritha tampubolon said...

Haha, thanks Aksan! (sorry late)
So, we are debater, huh? lol

Post a Comment

I'd love to have your comments here!